Today, December 14, 2016, CentOS developer Fabian Arrotin was extremely happy to announce the release and general availability of the CentOS Linux 7 (1611) images for ARM (armhfp) hardware architectures.
The big news comes just two days after the release of the CentOS Linux 7 (1611) updated installation mediums for 64-bit platforms, which have been rebased on the upstream source code of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3 operating system from Red Hat Inc. CentOS Linux 7 (1611) port for ARM is a welcome addition to the growing list of GNU/Linux distributions for single-board computers and embedded devices.
- ODROID-C2 Board Gets Experimental Ubuntu 16.04 Armbian Images with Linux 4.10
- Guix System Distribution (GuixSD) 0.13.0 GNU/Linux OS Supports 64-bit ARM CPUs
- RaspAnd Marshmallow 6.0.1 Android OS Now Available for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- RaspAnd Now Lets Users Run Android 7.1.2 Nougat with Kodi 17.1 on Raspberry Pi 3
- Debian-Based OSMC Linux Media Center Updated with Better Raspberry Pi Support
- Devuan GNU/Linux 1.0 "Jessie" to Support Raspberry Pi 3, Acer Chromebook Devices