Today, December 14, 2016, CentOS developer Fabian Arrotin was extremely happy to announce the release and general availability of the CentOS Linux 7 (1611) images for ARM (armhfp) hardware architectures.
The big news comes just two days after the release of the CentOS Linux 7 (1611) updated installation mediums for 64-bit platforms, which have been rebased on the upstream source code of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3 operating system from Red Hat Inc. CentOS Linux 7 (1611) port for ARM is a welcome addition to the growing list of GNU/Linux distributions for single-board computers and embedded devices.
- RaspEX Linux Brings Ubuntu 16.10 with LXDE Desktop to Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 SBCs
- LibreELEC 8.0.0 Officially Released for Raspberry Pi SBCs with Kodi 17 "Krypton"
- Meet Flint OS, a Chromium OS Fork for Raspberry Pi & PCs That Runs Android Apps Exclusive
- Ubuntu MATE 16.04.2 LTS Out Now for Raspberry Pi 3 and 2 with MATE 1.16.1
- How to securely connect to a Raspberry Pi from anywhere
- Five New Linux Kernel Vulnerabilities Patched in Ubuntu 16.10 for Raspberry Pi 2