Today, December 14, 2016, CentOS developer Fabian Arrotin was extremely happy to announce the release and general availability of the CentOS Linux 7 (1611) images for ARM (armhfp) hardware architectures.
The big news comes just two days after the release of the CentOS Linux 7 (1611) updated installation mediums for 64-bit platforms, which have been rebased on the upstream source code of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3 operating system from Red Hat Inc. CentOS Linux 7 (1611) port for ARM is a welcome addition to the growing list of GNU/Linux distributions for single-board computers and embedded devices.
- SolydXK 9 Linux OS Debuts Based on Debian 9 Stretch, Drops Raspberry Pi Support
- Mozilla launches Project Things IoT framework on Raspberry Pi
- Ubuntu Core Now Officially Supported for Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 (CM3)
- Raspberry Pi Foundation's Raspbian OS to Soon Be Rebased on Debian 9 "Stretch"
- NetBSD Image for Raspberry Pi Updated to Improve Raspberry Pi 3 Boot Support
- Android-Based RaspAnd Linux OS for Raspberry Pi 3 Gets Better Video Performance