We've added installation instructions, a new root filesystem tarball, and custom packages to support the Marvell Armada 510 powered CuBox. The device represents a multimedia powerhouse in a package smaller than your average wall wart, providing 1080p HDMI with CEC support, SPDIF optical audio output, gigabit ethernet, an IRDA sensor for remote controls, and USB and eSATA connectivity to access your media libraries.
Specific packages are also available in the repositories to make use of the graphics potential for the system, namely xf86-video-dove, and packages prefixed with "marvell" We are continuing development to further improve the incredible capabilities this tiny device offers, so please let us know if you find any problems!
Named by combining the words 'Cube' and 'Box' and while being less than 2 cubic inches in size, the platform can stream and decode 1080p content, with desktop class interfaces. The device is based on the Marvell Armada 510 SoC: a high-performance, highly integrated, low-power system-on-chip (SoC) with an ARM v6/v7-compliant superscalar processor core, hardware graphics processing unit, video decoding acceleration hardware and a broad range of peripherals.
In addition to the specifications listed to the side, the CuBox provides:
- HDMI with CEC support at 1080p60
- Marvell vMeta video decoder
- IRDA port to support remote controls
- Optical SPDIF audio output
- 1.5/3gbps eSATA port
- Integrated pl2303 serial debug via micro-USB
- Tibbo Project System is a Modular Linux IoT Prototyping Platform based on TI Sitara Cortex A8 Processor
- Linux Kernel 4.5.2 Adds PA-RISC and EXT4 Fixes, Networking Stack Improvements
- Docker 1.11 Linux Container Engine Brings over 90 Changes, Adds ARM64 Support
- LabVIEW Now Supports Raspberry Pi 2 & 3, BeagleBone Black with LINX 3.0 Release
- Manjaro Linux ARM Port Looks Great, a Final Release Is Coming Soon