Linus Torvalds released Linux 4.9 on Sunday - Linux 4.8 brought us an HDMI-CEC framework, a new kernel documentation system is now based on Sphinx, a user-space GPIO subsystem and tools, file systems improvements and more.
Some interesting ARM architecture fixes and new features - Allwinner:
- Allwinner GR8 – Preliminary SoC support
- Allwinner AXP209 PMIC – GPIO support
- Allwinner A31 – SPDIF support
- Allwinner A23/A33 and A31/A31s – sunxi-ng CCU driver
- Allwinner A33 – Display Driver
- Allwinner A64 – USB PHY support
- Allwinner H3 – PWM support, I2C support
- AXP806 PMIC – regulator support
- AC100 RTC / codec IC – mfd driver, RTC driver
- New boards and devices – Orange Pi PC Plus, Olimex A33-OLinuXino, Orange Pi Lite, Inet q972, Empire Electronix M712, Orange Pi Plus 2, Orange Pi Plus 2E, NanoPi NEO.