Ubuntu firmware has been made available for the SmartQ T20 tablet by its manufacturer, Smart Devices.The Android-toting T20 ships with Android 4.0.4 pre-installed by default, but users can choose to flash Ubuntu 12.04 on to their devices by downloading the newly released firmware.
What is the T20?
Although the T20 is predominantly made for the Chinese market it can also be purchased although US and European electronics stores for as low as $300.
SmartQ have a tradition of support Linux on their devices, having offered Windows/Linux dual-boot on many of their products in the past.
- Dual-core 1.5Ghz ARM Cortex A9 CPU
- Full HD playback through PowerVR SGX 540 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 16GB of internal storage space
- A 1280×800 10.1″ capacitive multi-touch screen
- Built-in Wifi and Bluetooth
- USB ports, HDMI out, Headphone jack, etc
- 2MP front-facing camera, 5MP rear facing
- Read more
- OMG! Ubuntu! | Everything Ubuntu. Daily
- Ubuntu 12.04 Firmware for SmartQ T20 Tablet - Softpedia