We've added a new installation guide for the Gumstix Overo family of devices. These tiny devices are even capable of running Chromium, XFCE, Qt, and a lot more. The Gumstix Overo is a tiny but powerful Computer-On-Module (COM) that performs like a full-sized Linux computer and can be programmed to perform a wide variety of functions in almost any application area including power management, time & attendance, security, access control, information technology, location tracking, medical, aviation, robotics and education, to name a few.
The boards can also expand their peripheral IO through a variety of expansion boards.
The main features of an Overo COM can include:
- TI OMAP3503/3503/3730 applications processor featuring the ARM® Cortex™-A8.
- Package-on-Package (POP) memory: 256MB or 512 MB low-power DDR RAM with no NAND / 256MB NAND or 512MB NAND
- Bluetooth / 802.11b/g wireless communications module.
- microSD card slot.
- TI 65950 Power Management IC.
- Four (4) mounting holes - one in each corner.
- 17 mm x 58 mm.
- 6 grams.
- USB 2.0, 10/100, MMC, audio, and more via expansion boards.
- Arch Linux ARM
- Arch Linux ARM • View topic - Gumstix Overo FireStorm - Installation Help
- How to install Arch Linux on Gumstix Overo
- Gumstix, Inc.